Whether you’re after a cheap beard trimmer or want to get your hands on the latest vacuum beard trimming technology – there’s something for everyone, however deep your pockets are, and our job is simple, to help you find the best beard trimmer.
Recently, the beard trimmer market has exploded, the rise of the beard has definitely made its mark, you can’t nip to the local shops without bumping into a modern day gentleman. But, it’s no good having those bearded locks flow if you haven’t got the best beard trimmer to maintain it.
Now, we understand greatly the immense love you will have for your beard, so we don’t do beard trimmer reviews lightly, we do our research, we dig deep and we bring you everything you need to make the correct decision. Whether you’re after something to whip round you face in the office toilets or you want to hit two birds with one stone and grab yourself a waterpoof beard trimmer for the shower, we’ve got the information for you.
Ready to delve into the world of beard trimmers? Read on…
In a rush? No problem – Top 10 Beard Trimmer’s In Short
- REMINGTON MB320C BARBA BEARD TRIMMER
- PHILIPS SERIES 3000 BEARD TRIMMER QT4015/23
- PANASONIC ER-GB40 BEARD TRIMMER
- PHILIPS SERIES 5000 ADJUSTABLE BEARD TRIMMER BT5260/33
- REMINGTON MB4560 TOUCH CONTROL LITHIUM BEARD TRIMMER
- BABYLISS FOR MEN SUPER STUBBLE
- PHILIPS BT5262/13 BEARD TRIMMER
- PHILIPS SERIES 9000 LASER GUIDED BEARD TRIMMER
- WAHL 9916-1117 GROOMSMAN TRIMMER
- BABYLISS FOR MEN 7847U ISTUBBLE PLUS
MORE: Best Beard Oils 2016
See all our best beard trimmer reviews
Best Beard Trimmer Top 10
Remington MB320C Barba Beard Trimmer
Boasting ceramic coated blades, which basically means they’re long lasting and self sharpening, ensuring a solid trim every time. The trimmer has 9 lengths starting at the stubble trimming 1.5mm to the grizzly bear grooming 18mm, so there is a length for whichever look you’re aiming for.
Let’s talk facts, for £20 (ish) you can’t go wrong. The Remington Barba Beard Trimmer will trim your beard pretty well, yes you may have to replace it in a year and yes it won’t be the quickest but purely talking about results, you can’t go to far wrong and it is one of the best beard trimmer’s out there.
- Nine length settings (1.5-18 mm) for grades 0.5-4
- Ceramic-coated blades infused with silica for hardness and resilience
- Cordless for up to 40 minutes usage
- Constant direct sunlight can damage the trimmer
- Quite big
Philips Series 3000 Beard Trimmer QT4015/23
The QT4015/23 Stubble Trimmer comes with 20 locking length settings that will easily allow you to determine exactly how you want to cut your stubble. The trimmer itself is designed in a nice ergonomic fashion, which means trimming the hairs off of the more difficult parts of your face will be incredibly easy.
If you need a trimmer that is consistent, easy to use, and incredibly effective when it comes to trimming your stubble, the Phillips QT4015/23 Stubble Trimmer is definitely for you.
- Easy to select and lock-in length settings, 0.5mm to 10mm
- Skin-friendly rounded tips to prevent skin irritation
- 60 minutes of cordless use after a 1-hour charge
- Can feel a little cheap
Panasonic ER-GB40 Beard Trimmer
The Panasonic Blue Wet & Dry is incredibly lightweight. You won’t have to worry about not being able to maneuver it around your face, as it comes with a nice rubber grip that makes handling it a breeze. And if you like easy, then you will love how easy it is to clean the Panasonic Blue Wet & Dry.
It’s also completely waterproof and can be used in the shower, which is both convenient and saves time. The blades are made of stainless steel and given that the settings can be adjusted from 1mm to 10mm, they should have no problem cutting through most beards.
- All-in-One Hair, Beard & Body Trimmer for Wet / Dry Shaving and fully immersible in water
- Quick adjust dial features 19 precision settings for perfect hair or beard length
- Cordless operation of 50 minutes on a 15-Hour charge
- Sturdier Beard Trimmers on the market
- Small shaving head not to everyones liking
Philips Series 5000 Adjustable Beard Trimmer BT5260/33
Philips is perhaps one of the few brands offering a comprehensive line up of quality beard trimmer products for you to choose from. In fact, it’s hard to find other companies that can match the kind of variety Philips has to offer. So, if you need a trimmer that can help you make the transition from a 5 o’clock shadow to a 10mm full beard, the Philips series 5000 BT526033 adjustable beard trimmer is the way to go.
This Philips beard trimmer adjusts cutting lengths from 0.4mm to 10mm. In total, there are 17 length settings to choose from, and you can lock into each one with a simple turn of the zoom wheel for accurate precision and control.
From a clean-shaven look to a short stubble or full beard, this trimmer gets the job done at an affordable price and definitely deserves its position in the best beard trimmer article.
- Completely waterproof for easy cleaning
- Trim from 0.4 mm to 10 mm in steps as short as 0.2 mm
- Dual-Sided Trimmer
- Performs better with stubble as opposed to a longer beard
- Electrics have been known to faulter
Remington MB4560 Touch Control Lithium Beard Trimmer
Unlike most beard trimmers which are controlled through buttons, the Remington MB4560 only requires you to tap on the trimmer’s simplified and intelligent touch-sensitive screen.
Made with the end user in mind, the Remington MB4560 features a great design that makes it superior to most beard trimmers out there, it could well be the best beard trimmer for value and quality. The trimmer has a stylish design which boasts of a high-gloss white finish, giving it a great look.
With 36 Amazon reviews and an overall star rating of 3.4 out of 5 at the time of writing this review, the Remington MB4560 has generated a variety of reactions. On one hand are extremely happy users who are satisfied with what this trimmer has to offer.
- Touch screen technology with improved design aesthetic
- Cord/cordless with USB charging capability
- Increase/decrease length setting (0.4 – 18 mm in 1 mm increments)
- Difficult to pin-point desired setting on the touch screen
- Battery has been known to fail within a year
BaByliss for Men Super Stubble
This BaByliss shaver offers a good range of cutting lengths so that you can get your desired look. The lowest setting is 0.4mm, which is the ideal length for a short shadow. You can adjust the length in small increments of 0.2mm up to a maximum of 5mm if you prefer your facial hair a bit longer than the 5 o’clock shadow. In total, there are 24 precise length settings from which to choose.
The BaByliss for men Super Stubble has many good reviews from buyers at different websites. For example, at the time of this writing, the shaver has a 4 out of 5 stars rating at Amazon after 140+ reviews. The majority of buyers seem to be satisfied with this product while only a handful have had a bad experience.
- Motorised length control from a 0.4 mm shadow with precise automatic adjustments with memory function
- Blade technology with electro-chemically sharpened blades for sharpness and durability
- Floating contouring head tracks the curves of your face for accuracy and comfort
- Need to go over the same patch more than once
Looking for another stubble trimmer? We’ve reviewed the best stubble trimmers for you.
Philips BT5262/13 Beard Trimmer
The Philips Beard Trimmer Series 5000 allows you to switch seamlessly between trimming and detailing with the dual-sided reversible trimmer. Just lock in the trimmer wheel for the precise length you want: from as short as 0.4 mm up to 10 mm. If you want an ideal 3-day beard, just use the trimmer’s shortest setting of 0.4 mm. For a groomed longer beard, simply adjust the setting to the exact length you desire.
With high performance, skin friendly blades that deliver a neat and effective trim while protecting your skin. The device is 100 per cent waterproof for easy cleaning and can be used cordless for 55 minutes after only 1 hour of charge.
- Dual sided reversible trimmer for optimum versatility
- Precision trimming with a full size 32 mm trimmer and a 15 mm detail trimmer
- Self-sharpening blades for a neat and effective cut
- Fairly expensive when compared to similar models
Philips Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer
First things first, a laser guided beard trimmer – what a gadget!
The laser guide projects a thin, crisp line onto the face exactly where the hair will be cut allowing you to create precise straight lines and symmetrical styles.
17 lock-in length settings, from 0.4 mm to 7 mm – to select your preferred trim length, just turn the zoom wheel on the handle until the length you want is displayed. Your chosen length is now ‘locked in’ for a precise and even trim.
The Laser Beard Trimmer is 100 per cent waterproof, so it’s easy to clean – simply rinse the water-resistant trimmer under the tap.
- A laser-guided trimmer for ultimate precision with confidence
- Easy to use: Cordless, rechargeable device with beard comb for even trimming
- Stubble: Choose your exact length, for immaculate stubble
- Awkward guard attachment removal
- Expensive beard trimmer
Wahl 9916-1117 Groomsman Trimmer
This trimmer is rechargeable and creates freedom of movement with its cordless operation. With an ergonomic shape, it is easy to handle and allows you to remain in complete control at all times. In addition, this stylish, chrome-finished trimmer set also boasts:
Steel blades made of high carbon that will stay sharp for a longer period of time and have a higher rate of precision
6 position attachment combs for a variety that will allow you to achieve your desired look
A charge that is long-lasting so that it will get you through your entire trimming session
When comparing the pros and the cons of the Wahl Groomsman Rechargeable Hair, Beard, and Moustache Trimmer, this entire set seems to be a good buy – an affordable one at that.
- Precision ground, high carbon steel blades for optimal cutting performance and stay sharp longer
- Offers cutting lengths from 0.5 mm to 13 mm
- Up to 60 minutes cordless use on a full charge
- Small head on the trimmer
- Not the strongest of blades
BaByliss for Men 7847U iStubble Plus
The cutting effectiveness of any stubble trimmer is as good as its blade construction. The i-Stubble features ultra-sharp and durable blades. The blades have been formed electrochemically to give them that extra sharpness and resilience.
Majority of buyers who have used the i-Stubble speak highly of it. Many customer reviews highlight the positive sides of the trimmer, from its ease of use to the good range of cutting lengths. A few reviews claim that the shaver breaks down too quickly, but keep in mind that this will ultimately depend on how you use it. By following the instruction manual and manufacturers recommended maintenance practices, the i-Stubble can last for a long time.
- Electrochemically formed blades that bolster sharpness and resilience
- Provides the flexibility of cordless and corded use
- Washable trim head and auto-lube system makes cleaning and maintenance easy
- Designed with lightweight body, sliding on/off button and turning length adjustment dial for easy handling
- Quiet Motor
- Does not come with trimming accessories like mustache and beard combs. However, one can choose to purchase suitable add-ons separately.
Now you’ve seen our Best Beard Trimmer picks, check out our best stubble trimmer specific selections.
Don’t forget, beard oil is key.